Motivating Readers and Writers: Grades 2-12 - No. 107All learners need motivation, and they need to feel successful; this is why motivating readers and writers are so important. Participants in this e-course will explore methods that work to motivate successful literacy effort: reading and writing clubs, literature selection, grouping, digital and print media and more. Participants will become familiar with multiple learning platforms that work to motivate and engage 21st century readers and writers while preparing them for college and career success. Course Outcomes:
- Apply new strategies for facilitating a motivating and successful classroom reading and writing curriculum.
- Develop working knowledge of multiple online and print resources that lead to reading and writing success.
- Plan with and use resources with efficacy in motivating readers and writers.
All About Balanced Literacy and English Language Learners: K-8Participants in this e-course will learn how the balanced literacy components of phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary and comprehension to work into a balanced reading, writing, listening and speaking curriculum geared specifically for students who struggle in reading and writing. Research-based strategies that engage effective instruction, as guided by sound scaffolding techniques, work seamlessly into successful balanced literacy programs when applied intentionally - participants will learn all of this, and more. Ancillary materials for immediate implementation will include rubrics, checklists, lesson plans and strategy guides. Course Outcomes:
- Plan and implement with the balanced literacy components as leveraged for struggling learners.
- Use reading, writing, listening and speaking strategies to effectively scaffold student learning.
- Develop the skill and ability to leverage online and off-site resources to teach using balanced literacy strategies and techniques.